Liepaja Symphony Orchestra announces an open competition to the vacant position of an trombone (bass-trombone) group musician.
The competition will take place in Liepāja, in the concert hall “Lielais dzintars” (at Radio iela 8) on 29 November 2022.
Requirements for the applicants:
- professional music degree in trombone performance;
- experience with working in an orchestra.
- Prepare and play the bass-trombone section of the orchestra in high artistic quality according to conductor’s instructions;
- To comply with the work schedules and compositions, work arrangements and other internal rules and regulations of the SJSC “Liepāja Symphony Orchestra”;
- Maintain and improve individual skills throughout the contract validity period.
Submission of applications for the competition is open until 14 November 2022, at 23:59. To apply, e-mail the following documents to the Liepaja Symphony Orchestra e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the subject “Regarding the Competition”:
- CV (Curriculum vitae);
- copies of documents certifying your academic degree.
Monthly salary for full-time work: EUR 1130 before the calculation of taxes stipulated in the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
Workplace: Radio iela 8, Liepāja, Latvia.
The music scores of the Orchetral excerpts:
Ludvig van Beethoven Symphony no. 9, Finale from M (Andante maestoso);
Johannes Brahms German Requiem, 2nd movement, from the bar 271 until M;
Hector Berlioz Hungarian March from 3 until 5;
Gustav Mahler Symphony no. 5, Finale, from 21 until 7 bars after 26;
Modest Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition, The Great Geat at Kiev, from 103 until 106;
Gioachino Rossini "Wilhelm Tell" Overture, Storm Scene, from C until 181;
Dmitri Shostakovich Symphony no. 5, Finale, from 97 until 102;
Pyotr Tchaikovsky Symphony no. 4, Finale, from H until the end;
Richard Wagner Valkyrie, Ride of the Valkyries, from 4 until 7;
Richard Wagner Tannhäuser, Overture from A.
Contact person: Staff manager Diāna Grīnberga, e-mail: email@example.com.